as far as the istrobosoft app goes, i was able to do everything that i could do with the tuner: regular tuning, intonation, buzz feiten tuning, etc. it does add a lot of functionality to the user’s experience. a lot. i would recommend this app for those who want a regular tuner that does much more than just regular tuning. you can also use it for intonation and buzz feiten, and it can read notes that you type in. this is my favorite tuner for guitar. you can read more in the video review below.
the first thing you’ll notice about the istrobosoft app is that its very easy to use. there is no instructions on how to use it. just tap on the screen and do what you want it to do. i was actually a little disappointed by this fact. i understand that this is a free app, and there is no need for a ton of instruction. i would have liked to know how to do things, because there is a lot of functionality. but i did learn quickly.
– the app uses a special algorithm for tracking music notes, rather than using an iphone’s built in audio graphometer. – the istrobosoft app uses the same gps as the iphone, so it can automatically find the location of your guitar when you are using an iphone. the tuner does not have a built in gps. this is a great feature because it will get you back to your guitar even if you are not carrying the tuner with you. it also works in the background. just tap a button and it will do its thing. i tested this out many times and it worked every time.
– battery life is very good. i was able to go for long periods without the need to recharge.
– the battery door is extremely sturdy. it is not just some flimsy plastic thing. the door itself is made of die-cast metal. it is very solid and stable.
– the battery door is also easy to open and close. just push and pull it open and shut. no need to disconnect anything.
– the app works great with the iphone’s built in mic and the headphone jack. so, no need to mess with the ipod touch microphone.
– you can use it with your ipad. i was able to use it for battery life, but i could not get it to read music notes. the notes were always in the wrong place. it worked well with the iphone.
– one of the best features is the text note input. i was able to input the bb note on my guitar with a few taps. the istrobosoft app was able to track it accurately. its really easy to use. also, you can input a guitar chord that you are playing.
as you can see, i played a few chords, and the touch screen works well for navigating through the menu. one thing to note is that you can only record for 5 minutes. i know that a lot of my friends use the iphone as a tuner, and that you could never keep up with that, even if you have a great guitar and tuner. so, the istrobosoft only records for 5 minutes. i think this is fine. this should really be a professional tuner though, so i would have expected it to record for much longer. another thing to note is that the app is free, but the tuner costs $15.99. this is a hard thing to wrap your head around because you can get a great tuner for $15.99 and have all the same features as this for around $20. but i guess it makes sense. peterson makes a great product that is one of the best portable tuners on the market. if you are an acoustic musician, i would highly recommend it to you.
as you listen to music, you will hear many notes. in order to understand the music, you need to identify the notes. the notes in music are called the pitch. you can identify the pitch using a tuner. the pitch of the note is the frequency of the sound. listen carefully to the pitch when the singer sings. you will notice that the pitch stays the same throughout the song. this is because the pitch of the sound is constant. the pitch of the sound is always the same. the pitch is measured in hertz (hz), which is the same as the measurement of frequency. the frequency is the number of times per second the pitch is changing. the more the number of times per second, the higher the frequency and the higher the pitch. you can identify the pitch of the notes in songs by listening to it. if you know the frequency of a note, you can count the number of times per second that the pitch is changing to identify the pitch of the note. you can hear that the pitch is changing every time the note is played. the pitch is constant when the note is playing. the pitch of the note is measured in hertz (hz), which is the same as the measurement of frequency.